Bangladesh & Islam As State Religion.

Bangladesh & Islam As State Religion.

Bangladesh Court Rejects Scrapping Islam As State Religion.

[su_row][su_column size= »1/3″]       [/su_column] [su_column size= »2/3″] Dhaka:  Bangladesh's high court today rejected a petition by secular activists to scrap Islam's status as the state religion in the wake of nationwide protests by hardline Islamist groups.
A special bench of three judges threw out the petition within moments of opening the case and without allowing any testimony, an AFP correspondent at the court said.
The petition, which was first launched 28 years ago, has triggered countrywide protests by Islamist groups in the impoverished nation.  Read More ….  
[/su_column] [/su_row]

Bangladesh Muslims protest

Bangladesh Muslims protest

[su_row][su_column size= »1/3″]     [/su_column] [su_column size= »2/3″] 
DHAKA: Bangladesh’s largest Muslim party called a nationwide strike Monday to protest a legal move to scrap Islam as the state religion.
Jamaat-e-Islami said the case, due to open on Monday, was a “deep-rooted conspiracy” against religion in the Muslim-majority nation.“Bangladesh is a 90 per cent Muslim nation,” said a statement from the group, whose top leaders have been tried and executed by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s secular government for war crimes.   Continue Reading …   [/su_column] [/su_row]

 

 

Following the two foreigners’ murder

Following the two foreigners’ murder

Benapole border on highest surveillance.

[su_row][su_column size= »1/3″]      [/su_column] [su_column size= »2/3″]  
Following the two foreigners' murder in the capital and Rangpur, the authorities concerned have adopted the highest cautionary measures on Benapole border.
The state authorities made the order to Benapole Checkpost International Immigration authorities so that none can enter or exit the country without proper verification.
Besides, local Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) members were kept on high alert on the Indo-Bangla border to prevent the intruders from both sides.
Benapole immigration police admitted to have received the order from the high-ups.
According to the direction, the addresses of the foreigners entering the country through the land port have to be recorded properly as well as to be passed the information to the Dhaka office immediately.
Besides, the Bangladeshis leaving country for India have to be given green signal through strict passport verification.  [/su_column] [/su_row]

When asked, Benapole Checkpost Immigration Inspector (investigation) Mamin Uddin acknowledged it, telling the excess move would continue until next direction from the government.
Jessore 26 BGB Commander Lieutenant Colonel Jahangir Hossain said his force was kept on high alert so that any criminal cannot flee to India through border.
In a query on red alert, the commander denied such sort of move and termed the situation usual.
On Saturday, some unidentified miscreants gunned down Japanese national Hoshi Kunio, 65, in Kownia of Rangpur district.
Local have been looking into the murder and they have yet to make any significant progress in solving the murder mystery.
Earlier On September 28, an Italian citizen named Cesare Tavella was shot dead by unidentified assailants in the capital’s Gulshan diplomatic zone
Tavella, 50, was a technical director working at Netherlands-based development organisation ICCO.

Security measures for the foreigners

Security measures for the foreigners

Diplomats ask governement to provide secutity for foreigners in Bangladesh.

[su_row][su_column size= »1/3″]    [/su_column] [su_column size= »2/3″]  
Diplomats have asked the government to provide security for all foreign nationals in Bangladesh in the wake of murder of two foreigners.
The call came on Tuesday after the government briefed them on security measures for the foreigners.
British High Commissioner Robert Gibson, also the diplomatic core dean, said they talked about ‘tightening’ security for foreigners.
He added that they were thankful for the steps Bangladesh had taken.
Two foreigners, Italian aid worker Cesare Tavella and Japanese Kunio Hoshi, were gunned down in Dhaka and Rangpur on Sept 28 and Oct 3 in similar fashion.
Before the briefing, Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal told bdnews24.com that the government had taken ‘special’ measures for the security of the foreigners living in Bangladesh. 
[/su_column] [/su_row]

Staff Correspondent,  bdnews24.com  – Published: 2015-10-06 18:30:52

Two missing tourists

Two missing tourists

Two tourists and guide go missing in Rangamadi.

[su_row][su_column size= »1/3″]    [/su_column] [su_column size= »2/3″] 
Two tourists and their local guide have reportedly gone missing from Setupara area of Ruma upazila of Rangamati.
The missing tourists are Munna, 34, Jamil, 28, hailed from Mirpur of Dhaka.
However, the identity of the local guide could not be known yet.
Ruma Upazila UNO Kazi Mohammad Chahel Tastari confirmed the missing of two tourists and their guide to the Dhaka Tribune.
“Members of law enforcer agencies have started drive to recover them,” said the UNO.
Quoting locals the UNO said two tourists and their local guide went missing from Setupara on Sunday afternoon while going to visit Baga Lake in Ruma upazila of Rangamati.
When contacted, Ruma police station OC Shariful Islam said: “No complained was filed with the police station in this regard.”
“The tourists did not register their names with police station on arrival here although it was mandatory to enlist their names with police as tourists.”
  [/su_column] [/su_row]

Islamic State is not active in Bangladesh

Islamic State is not active in Bangladesh

 

[su_row][su_column size= »1/3″]    [/su_column] [su_column size= »2/3″] 
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has ruled out the presence of the Islamic State in Bangladesh despite the radical group claiming responsibilities for the murders of two foreigners within a week.
Assailants gunned down Japanese national Kunio Hoshi in the northern district Rangpur on Saturday five days after Italian aid worker Cesare Tavella was killed in a similar way at Dhaka’s diplomatic zone Gulshan.
In a media interaction at the Ganabhaban on Sunday, Hasina said: “Until now, IS or global terror groups like it have not been able to operate in Bangladesh. Our intelligence agencies are active… we will not allow any such activities in Bangladesh.”
She, however, said Bangladesh has witnessed homegrown radicalism in the past when elements like the JMB and Bangla Bhai were promoted by those in power. "But we have taken firm action against them and curbed their activities."
The IS has reportedly claimed responsibility for the murders of the two foreigners and warned of more such attacks.  [/su_column] [/su_row]
The government, however, have expressed doubts about IS' direct involvement in the murders of the Italian and the Japanese nationals.
The home minister says he suspects the murders were an attempt to ‘create instability’.
During Sunday’s briefing the prime minister blamed the BNP and Jamaat-e-Islami for 'abetting' the murders to undermine Bangladesh’s achievements.

État islamique n’est pas actif au Bangladesh.
Le Premier ministre Sheikh Hasina a exclu la présence de l'État islamique au Bangladesh malgré le groupe radical revendiquant la responsabilité pour les meurtres de deux étrangers durant la semaine.
Les assaillants ont abattu le ressortissant japonais Kunio Hoshi dans le quartier nord de Rangpur samedi cinq jours après celui du travailleur humanitaire italien Cesare Tavella tué d'une manière similaire dans la zone diplomatique de Dhaka Gulshan.
Dans une intervention aux médias dimanche au Ganabhaban, Hasina a déclaré: «Jusqu'à présent, IS ou des groupes terroristes mondiaux comme lui ont pas été en mesure de fonctionner au Bangladesh.
Nos agences de renseignement sont actifs … nous ne laisserons pas de telles activités au Bangladesh ".
Elle, cependant, dit le Bangladesh a connu le radicalisme dans le passé lorsque des éléments comme le JMB Bangla Bhai et ont été promus par ceux au pouvoir. "
Mais nous avons pris des mesures fermes contre eux et freiné leurs activités."
L'IS aurait revendiqué la responsabilité de l'assassinat des deux étrangers et mis en garde de plus de telles attaques.
Le gouvernement, cependant, a exprimé des doutes sur l'implication directe  «dans les meurtres de l'italien et les ressortissants japonais.
Le ministre de l'Intérieur dit qu'il soupçonne que ces meurtres étaient une tentative de «créer de l'instabilité».
Pendant le briefing de dimanche, le premier ministre a blâmé le BNP et le Jamaat-e-Islami pour 'complicité' de meurtres et de saper les réalisations du Bangladesh.

 

 

To die in Mina

To die in Mina

Bangladeshis dead in Mina stampede.

[su_row][su_column size= »1/3″]    [/su_column] [su_column size= »2/3″]
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has so far confirmed the death of at least 26 Bangladeshis in the Mina stampede.
The ministry issued a press release in this regard yesterday afternoon.
“According to the latest report received from Bangladesh Embassy in Saudi Arabia, 26 dead bodies have so far been identified as Bangladeshi nationals at the central mortuary in Mecca,” the statement said.
Out of the 26, names of 13 were found while the rest were still unidentified as of yesterday, the statement said.
Officials of Bangladesh Consulate General in Jeddah, along with officials of Bangladesh Hajj Mission in Mecca and the medical and administrative team for hajj, are working to identify the dead bodies of the deceased pilgrims.   [/su_column] [/su_row]

According to the statement, 33 Bangladeshi pilgrims are currently admitted in different hospitals for treatment.
Earlier in the morning, Hajj Agencies Association of Bangladesh (HAAB) President Ibrahim Bahar also confirmed the number to the Dhaka Tribune.
“The number of missing Bangladeshis now stands at 84,” he said.
The hospitals where Bangladeshis are currently admitted includes Al Noor Hospital, King Abdullah Hospital and Mina Hospital, the HAAB chief said, adding that the Saudi government was not letting anyone enter those hospitals to collect information about the injured.
At least 769 pilgrims – according to the Saudi Health Ministry – were killed on September 24 in a stampede in Mina, outside the Muslim holy city of Mecca, where some two million people gathered to perform hajj this year.

Dhaka tribune – Mardi 29 septembre 2015 22:34

 

A piece of meat

A piece of meat

Secret aid worker.

 

[su_row][su_column size= »1/3″]       [/su_column] [su_column size= »2/3″]   
The continual stares expressing disdain, meat, and entitlement wear me down.
It is relentless.
Women are taught that we cause and invite revolting and socially accepted harassment.
The blatant shamelessness of the leering, catcalling, feral cat noises, creepy guttural sounds, following, curb-crawling in rickshaws or cars, groping and general vileness horrifies me.
Men and boys from all facets of society practice this loathsome national sport. Not all men do this: most will pass by with a curious glance. But enough do it for this to occur over and over during a day.
The man in the lift today: staring, staring, staring, up and down.
The teenager who turns around on the escalator to leer and stare at my shrouded chest for the entire ride. Angrily I make eye contact. He continues to ogle. My anger, my violation, means nothing to him.
The man on the street who pulls his lungi up when he sees me, and masturbates. Vigorously.
Why should I feel pathetically grateful when the occasional stranger steps in to shield me from the horror of being a woman in Bangladesh? Why should I have to ask a male friend to wait with me for the car? Why do I need to wear these clothes, wrapped up in the heat?      
 Read More …      [/su_column] [/su_row] 

 

Bangladeshis know how to cope with disasters

Bangladeshis know how to cope with disasters

Hasina has received top UN environmental honnor.

[su_row][su_column size= »1/3″]      [/su_column] [su_column size= »2/3″]
People of Bangladesh have learnt how to tackle climate change, disasters and survive, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has said after receiving the UN’s highest environmental honour – ‘Champions of the Earth’.
The Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations and UN Environment Programme Executive Director Achim Steiner handed over the award to her at a programme in New York on Sunday, local time.
“This award is a recognition of spirit and resilience of our people in fighting climate changes,” Hasina said, dedicating the award to the people of Bangladesh.
UN Environment Programme Executive Director Achim Steiner hands over the Champions of the Earth award to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at an event in New York on Sunday. 
[/su_column] [/su_row]

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has received the UN’s highest environmental honour – Champions of the Earth – in recognition of Bangladesh’s initiatives to meet the challenges of climate change. UN Environment Programme Executive Director Achim Steiner handed over the award at an event in New York on Sunday.
The UN had said the award, in the Policy Leadership Category, recognised ‘Bangladesh’s first-off-the-block initiatives under Prime Minister Hasina’s government to prepare the ecologically fragile country for the challenges it faces from climate change’.
Since its introduction in 2004, the Champions of the Earth award has recognised 67 laureates in the categories of policy, science, business, and civil society.
The other winners of 2015 are the National Geographic Society (Science and Innovation); Brazilian cosmetics firm Natura (Entrepreneurial Vision); and South Africa’s Black Mamba Anti-Poaching Unit (Inspiration and Action).

Lovlu Ansar, New York Correspondent,  bdnews24.com  – Published: 2015-09-28 10:28:41

 

Elections en Birmanie.

Novembre 2015 – Des élections libres en Birmanie.

À consulter et lireInfo Birmanie – Brieferun document qui analyse le système électoral birman, l’organisation de la campagne et du scrutin de novembre, les attentes des partis politiques, la place des minorités ethniques, les enjeux principaux etc.
Il s’intéresse également à la crédibilité des élections de 2015 dont beaucoup estiment qu’elles seront les premières « libres et équitables » depuis des décennies.
.

Candidats et partis politiques : Plus de 6100 candidats représentants 92 partis politiques vont s’affronter pour 1171 sièges dans 330 circonscriptions. L’USDP, le parti au pouvoir composé des anciens dirigeants de la junte militaire, et la LND, le parti historique d’opposition, sont les deux plus importants partis. Toutefois, plus de la moitié des partis politiques enregistrés (60 sur 92 soit 65%) sont issus des minorités ethniques qui représentent 40% de la population.